Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Twas the night before Wizard World...

aaand the clock has officially run out on my time to prepare the auction before we head to Chicago. Wizard World Chicago officially opens to the public tomorrow afternoon, and I'm going to be leaving from St. Louis to drive up there around 7AM tomorrow. The August comic auction is up & running on both Proxibid & Auctionzip Live - I ran through the training for Auctionzip Live today - our fliers are printed, our car is packed (except for my clothes & stuff, that happens tomorrow morning), our display booth is packed, the video we will be running on the tv we are bringing should be done (Classic was working on it today) and out of 612 lots, we are down to about 15 total that don't have a picture up for one reason or another - I'll have to take care of them when we get back from Colorado. Oh, I don't think I mentioned that yet...the morning after we get back from Chicago, we are driving to Pagosa Springs, CO in order to meet up with Tina, Lisa, & Julia, and then we are going up to Glenwood Springs to help Si Harbottle (an auctioneer from Texas we are friends with from CAI) perform an auction for his father's estate. Because we are crazy, that's why. Immediately after we return from that trip, I'll have a couple of days to relax & unwind before our comic auction...and if you believed that I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I want to sell to you. We should be getting home from all this craziness on the 23rd, and then I have 2 days to finish final preparations for the August comic auction...so...hooray! Who needs sleep, right?

In unrelated news, we spent last weekend down at the Lake of the Ozarks...but not on vacation. There is a new History channel Auction reality show called "Sold!" being filmed there, at Bryant Auctions, who we know through the NAA. I was contacted a couple of months ago by Chris Longly, the Deputy Executive Director of the NAA, on behalf of Hannes Combest, CEO of the NAA, about possibly being on the show. After some more talks with various people from the production company, Evident Entertainment, we agreed to bring an item down for Bryant Auctions to sell. I'm not going to say much more, but I'll be sure to let everyone know when the episode airs. It was a lot of fun, and that's really about all I can say about it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment