Thursday, August 20, 2009

I get paid large amounts to play with comic books...

...take that everyone I hated in High School.

No, seriously - we've got an auction coming up at Mound City that has like, 3,000+ vintage comic books, and for the past two months, whenever I haven't been setting up an auction, running an auction, or holding an open house for some real estate we were selling, I've been spending every minute possible at work preparing for the comic book auction.

The auction is going to be ridiculous. There are individual issues of comics, that retail for more than my house costs. No, I'm not exaggerating. You want proof? Here is the record price for Amazing Fantasy #15 - for those of you who aren't comic book geeks, that is the first appearance of Spider-Man.

We've got the first Silver Age Green Lantern, the first issue of The Avengers, the first appearance of the Justice League of America, the first issue of The X-Men, and many, many others. This auction is going to kick crazy amounts of ass. Crazy, crazy, craaaaaazy amounts of ass.

As soon as we have the location and date nailed down, you'll hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment